“If ever there’s a time that we can accelerate to the circular economy, we really do believe it’s now” – Ellen MacArthur
Increasing interest in concepts such as lifecycle thinking and circular economy reflects the fact that truly sustainable solutions do not deal with single issues in isolation. As organisations seek to effectively address their environmental impacts, it is vital that they understand the complex interlinkages in every system. Similarly, as we look to move away from a make-take-dispose economic model, there is a need to think about how materials flow within and between actors, and how waste in one area can become a valuable input into another.
Since Edge first started, lifecycle analysis (LCA) has been at the centre of what we offer to clients, helping them to quantify and communicate their sustainability credentials, compare their products and services to conventional alternatives, and understand the trade-offs between social and environmental hotspots. More recently, our holistic approach has come to the fore in the emerging area of circular economy advisory: combining our expertise in areas such as LCA, waste, strategy and procurement. This knowledge is helping us to drive the agenda, ensuring that circular economy transitions from buzzword to practical action.
Our circular economy and lifecycle thinking team can support you in the following areas:
- Life cycle assessment (LCA)
- Environment Product Declarations (EPDs)
- Hotspot analysis and benchmarking
- Whole of life cost/triple bottom line assessment
- Circular economy policy and research
- Circular economy strategy
- Circular product and service design
- Material flow analysis and circularity assessments
Waste and Resource Recovery
- Resource recovery strategy
- Waste audit programme design and delivery
- Operational and construction waste management plans